Are you having doubts regarding how to activate doordash red card? Then we are here with complete details that will help you get your card. Is this doordash card beneficial? Will it assist you in saving your finances? Let us answer all these questions along with the explanation of activating your card.
Though many credit or debit cards are available to use in the United States, we need to opt for the best one that offers lesser issues and more benefits. A few people use the Door Dash card and believe that it will help you be a wise person while you make your transaction everywhere. Let us see how far this is true.
What is a Door Dash card?
A Door dash red card is a DoorDash driver’s most prized asset. Dash drivers or dashers can pay for a customer’s order when the restaurant or store is not on the DoorDash system and requires a pre-payment. In this way, it offers customers more choice. Red cards are issued as part of the activation and welcome kits given to Dashers when they sign up.
So, the Red Card is a credit card that Dashers use to pay for some (but not all) DoorDash orders. Each Dasher receives a Red Card during orientation or when they receive an Activation Kit.
In the following sections, we will see How to activate doordash red card.
How to Get a DoorDash Red Card
To receive a DoorDash red card, you’ll need to sign up as a DoorDash driver. These are the requirements to join:
- It would help if you were 18 and older.
- You’ll need access to a car, bicycle, or scooter.
- You’ll need to provide your driver’s license and social security number (if based in the United States).
- You must give consent to a background check.
Note: your earnings will not be deposited on the Red Card, and it is not linked to your bank account.
How to activate doordash red card?
These are the steps you need to follow if you wish to activate your DoorDash Red card.
- Visit the doordash website at: www.doordash.com
- Then click on sign up.
- Now, complete your registration by giving them your details, including your mobile number and email address.
- After that, you will be asked to create a username and a password.
- Then, you need to enter the type of vehicle you drive.
- Then, you will be verified as a proper member of doordash using your driving license as a background check.
- Now, you need to add your bank details for payment.
- After you complete all these, you can install the door dash app from the app store that your device supports.
- Once you’ve completed your first shift, the app will prompt you for your address to receive your welcome or activation kit.
- The welcome kit includes your red card and an insulated hot bag. The activation kit consists of a “Getting Started Manual” as part of your orientation.
How to make payments using the red card?
After you know How to activate doordash red card, it is essential to understand how to use it. You can use this card in the following ways:
- When prompted by the Dasher app, the app is used only to pay: the app may say “Pay with Red Card” or “Place Order.”
- You can only use the Red Card to pay for a DoorDash order at the correct time and at the right restaurant. The card will only charge the proper amount of money due to the restaurant.
- You should always choose credit as a payment method since the card doesn’t come with a PIN. Ignore the fact that the card says “debit.”
- Do not add a tip when paying with the Red Card, and you don’t need to keep receipts unless the order requests you keep the receipt. Please do not give your Red Card receipts to the customer.
- DoorDash will make sure that the card is funded correctly. You don’t have to worry about discrepancies between the total on the receipt and the capacity in your Dasher app because DoorDash knows the correct amount. If the card is ever declined, follow these troubleshooting steps.
- If the card is lost, refer to Lost Red Card for the next steps.
This article explained How to activate doordash red cardand also how to start using it. Hope your doubts are clarified regarding this. You can raise your queries in the comment section. Also, stay connected to use for more information like this.