How to sign up for the disability? If you have a tragic incident in your life and want to overcome it by getting some benefit for you and your family, then this article will be for you.
A disable person can face many challenges in their life, and you will get some benefits if you are faced with it. That is why we have come up with this article, where you get to know the complete information by reading this article.
If a person is unable to perform the work activity or is in a severe condition where they did not find any chance to get rid of this problem, then it can be termed as a disability.
If you are facing a disability issue, you can go with the SSDI program or SSI that helps you and helps your family members. Let’s have brief information about this.
SSDI: It refers to social security disability insurance, which is helpful for those people who have become disabled after earning a certain period can come under this category.
SSI: It refers to supplemental security income, that is for those who have age more than 65 years can come under this category. These people have low income, or there is no income. In the below section, we will know how to sign up for the disability.
- Contact: 1-800-772-1213
- Timing: 8:00 am to 7:00 pm
The following mentioned documents are required, which are as under:
- Birth certificate,
- Citizenship proof of United States,
- Job discharge papers,
- Employment status,
- Settlement agreements, etc.
How to sign up for the disability?
The process is quite simple, and you can enjoy many benefits while signing up for the disability. You can take advantage of social security disability insurance to help people facing challenges in their lives due to disabilities.
Here are the steps mentioned below:
- Connect your device with the good internet.
- Then go to the official website https://www.ssa.gov/.
- There you need to go to the signup option on the right-hand side.
- The webpage will open and ask you for your name, address, date of birth, phone number, social security number, spouse details, children details if you are under 18 years, bank details.
- After providing your details next step is to provide medical details like patient id, date of treatment, medicine you are taking, laboratory details.
- You have to provide information about the working name of the employer, address starting and ending date of military services, Job details.
- When you have given all the information, click on the submit button.
- If you have provided the correct details, your application is approved, and it will take 5 months to enjoy disability benefits.
- If your application is rejected, you have to appeal the decision again.
- The process is the same for SSI also.
- If you cannot sign up online, you can either call the customer care number they will reach you out, or you can go to the local office. If you face a deaf issue, then telecommunications relay services will help you get one representative local at your social security office that will help you understand the details.
We hope you have understood how to sign up for the disability. Application is free of cost.
Rights which you have?
- If you are unable to understand the documents, you have the right to have a representative that will help you.
- Notification right to get all disabled details on the email itself.
- Right to examine your file or even take the help of a representative also.
An important note for People who are living outside the United States?
How to sign up for the disability? If you live outside this country mentioned above, you have to mail all your essential documents. And make sure that your social security number is also provided with that, and in original documents, nothing should be written out.
Disability is one of the worst things a person faces in their life. We cannot fulfill that pain but hope with this article. You get some benefit to overcome this challenge in life.
Hope with this article; you understand how to sign up for the disability process? If you have any doubts, share them with us in the comment section.