Do you want to know royal canin dog food reviews? Then, we will give you honest insights about the product. The one with the royal name has a real good royal popularity among dog pet owners among all the dog foods. Let us see how good the food is for your dog. Also, we will see its nutrient information and all its variants.
It is also a fact that many vet doctors from the United States are also referring to this royal canin food for the best healthiest combinations it offers for the doctors. If you are curious to know whether this food is for your dog, pursue to read till the end. We have put all information in one place for you.
What is Royal Canin dog food?
Royal Canin makes a large assortment of dry and canned foods for dogs and cats, with most of their products being available in many pet stores and veterinarian offices across the globe.
The company is a popular dog food choice by many owners. They offer a variety of specialized diets, including breed-specific foods and ones targeted for pooches with specific health conditions. Royal Canin is one of a few pet food companies which offer such unique diets for different types of dogs, so for owners who have a purebred puppy or one with a particular health issue, they are an attractive choice!
However, before deciding on dog food for your furry friend, it is essential to research the brand thoroughly to help you determine whether their products are a good match for your dog. So, in the following sessions, we will see royal canin dog food reviews.
Is Royal Canin Dog Food Healthy?
Jean Cathary founded Royal Canin in France in 1968. Being a veterinarian, Dr Cathary decided to make pet food for both cats and dogs that focused on the nutritional needs of these animals. Royal Canin creates and distributes all of its pet food in its production facilities.
Unfortunately, Royal Canin does not specify where they source their ingredients. Royal Canin has not shared much information about where they get the ingredients that go into their products.
Now we will see the pros, cons and then proceed to see royal canin dog food reviews.
- DHA and EPA included for strong bones and joints.
- Fish oil and other nutrients for good coat health.
- Unique kibble shape to help prevent indigestion.
- Good flavours are available.
- L-carnitine for a healthy metabolism.
- A wide variety to choose from.
- Hydrolyzed protein ensures good taste.
- Easily available in any pet store.
- Contains anti-cancerous protein.
- They can cause flatulence.
- Ingredients aren’t as wholesome as other brands.
- Can cause digestive issues initially
- Rice is the primary ingredient
- Contains meat by-products
What are various flavours of food available?
- Royal Canin Medium Puppy
- Royal Canin Mini Wet Gravy
- Royal Canin Medium Gravy
- Royal Canin Maxi Gravy
- Royal Canin Shih Tzu Adult
- Royal Canin Shih Tzu Puppy
- Royal Canin Labrador Adult
- Royal Canin Labrador Puppy
- Royal Canin Beagle
- Royal Canin Pug Adult
- Royal Canin Pug Puppy
- Royal Canin Giant Starter
- Royal Canin Giant Puppy
- Royal Canin Giant Adult
- Royal Canin Rottweiler Puppy
- Royal Canin Rottweiler Adult
- Royal Canin Golden Retriever Puppy
- Royal Canin Golden Retriever Adult
- Royal Canin German Shepherd Puppy
- Royal Canin German Shepherd Adult
- Royal Canin Hepatic (liver condition)
- Royal Canin Weight Control
- Royal Canin Satiety Weight Management
- Royal Canin Gastro Intestinal
- Royal Canin Hypoallergenic
- Royal Canin Renal
- Royal Canin Skin Support
- Royal Canin Mobility
- Royal Canin Urinary
What are royal canin dog food reviews?
There are a lot of customer reviews for this dog food. We are quoting a few of them here.
Julie says, “I have had excellent results with Royal Canin. The customer service is fantastic, and they are always willing to answer my questions. Furthermore, they are very knowledgeable about all their products. They are more than willing to provide you with nutrient values or even relay a full guaranteed analysis to your veterinarian to discuss any questions or concerns that a pet owner or vet may have.”
Ellie says, “This food caused my dog to vomit repeatedly and lick himself bald due to skin irritation, and we incurred expensive vet bills trying to eliminate any issues such as a bowel obstruction. His vet suggested switching to some other food, which destroyed his symptoms. “
As we have seen, the reviews are mixed type. Some people are happy with it, at the same time some people complain about the product.
As we have seen royal canin dog food reviews, they are diverse. Few are highly satisfied, while some are disappointed about the dog food. So, our suggestion is to try it once and stick if it does good for your furry kiddo. Maybe, it suits your dog based on its type and age.
You can share your opinion about this in the comment section.