Read the detailed information about the Area Code 657 Scams (April, 2021) >> Also check the list of other scam numbers and know how to avoid such spam calls.
Are you one of those who are a victim of Area Code 657 Scams? We want to tell you that recently a series of the complaint is registered in cities like California, Anaheim, and others for getting scam calls for all those searching for it. Such an incident is not uncommon as several localities are already fed up with such calls.
But these times, due to area code 657 of United States is on top trend, few are relating it with scam calls, and few are with aliens. We do not encourage any superstitious activities, but the scam call talk is real. We took a deep dive and research over it and found some other related info you must check out.
What are Area Code 657 Scams?
As you all must be aware, most of you might be thinking about who is behind these calls and why they are doing this. As per the experts, these calls are targeting cities that cover area code 657, i.e., Anaheim, California, Los Angeles, Torrance, Santa Ana, and Ontario.
Because the victims are from these areas, it is called a 657 scam. The call pattern is the same as asking for personal information like ID, bank details, and some confidential information that can’t be public without any reason. It is essential to realize and should be more attentive that no user should encourage such calls.
Types of scam call received
A scammer can con you in any way; they only need to pay attention to anyone, never to share your details unless you are not sure whose on the other side of the call.
The types of scam calls received in Area Code 657 Scams are:
- Text messages of lottery or shortlisted for prize money
- Calls for employments – like they will provide you a job, and in return, you have to pay a random amount of fee
- Survey call where they will ask you a few questions and slowly started asking about your personal life and details
- Email/text message link scam – You will be asked to click the link and submit all the personal information to get the jackpot prize money/car/bikes or any other such related schemes.
How to avoid Scam calls?
- Always be attentive and never respond directly to such calls which you feel are awkward.
- Download spam call alert and blocker in your smart devices to avoid and block such calls
- Never provide any personal or confidential information on the phone unless you are not aware of it.
- In case of any trouble, inform the police.
Never call back to below numbers?
- 268 area code – Antigua and Barbuda
- 284 area code – British Virgin Islands
- 473 area code – Grenada, Carriacou and Petite Martinique
- 664 area code – Montserrat
- 649 area code – Turks and Caicos Islands
- 767 area code – Commonwealth of Dominica
- 809, 829, 849 area codes – Dominican Republic
- 876 area code – Jamaica
What is the public response to these scams?
As the internet is flooded with such complaints from the public, only a few mentioned how they ignored and tackled such calls. Few of them already lost their money, and few are registered complaints. It is essential to know that no one should not provide personal details, and in case you found yourself in trouble, you should inform immediately of concerns.
In this article, we tried to cover each segment of fake and scam calls and how you should avoid such spammers. Use the application of a spam call blocker and stop receiving such calls. It will also show you if any other person marked it a spam call so that you can verify it before accepting it.
The Area Code 657 Scamsand such issues can only be resolved when people become more attentive and aware of such fraud calls. Never entertain such scammers.
Please share your experience with us in the comment section and write how you dealt with it.